9.21.2010

Why Don't You Ever Write?

I apologize...I have not kept up with the blog here lately. It seems that life can get really crazy...really fast!
Busyness isn't always bad...busyness can mean productivity...it can mean getting things done. But here are some sure signs busyness is becoming unhealthy.

-You can't sleep
-You don't HAVE time to pray and study the Bible
-You don't HAVE time to have fun with your family
-You either eat too much or not enough
-You are Oscar the Grouch

These are all things that I have been guilty of at one time or another...but God has been doing some amazing things in my life to show me that busyness and peace can exist. There can be times to be still and quiet, and times to be busy and productive.  A godly life is a life of both busyness and quiet.  Here are a few things I have done to introduce the discipline of peaceful striving.

-Making time with God...it doesn't just happen...it takes discipline. This time also changes my busy times from times of stress to times of energy and determination. It allows my work to become a sort of prayer.
-Saying no to good things to do great things...Sometimes you have to pass up good opportunities to do what's right and what's best.
-Priorities...God isn't a priority for me...he is life, he is beyond a priority...I want him to be in all that I say and do. But time with God is a priority for me. Time with my family is a priority for me (and I mean real time...engaged and focused on them and being with them...not just an excuse to be lazy and crash on the couch...although that is what we do sometimes). Rest is a priority for me...if I don't sleep...I don't play nice. Exercise and eating right is a priority...fellowship and prayer with friends are a priority. And I am sure I have many more but you get the point.
-Always look for God in what's going on around you. When you can see God working around you and through you, it becomes easier to understand the pressure you may be under.

These lists aren't all inclusive or exclusive...but these are things that God has taken me through with busyness and finding peace in him amidst busyness. I hope they help!
Peace
Chris

No comments: